LeaderTHERM Sheet consists of phlogopite mica paper impregnated with a high quality silicone binder.
Mica, an aluminosilicate of mineral origin, has a lamellar and non-fibrous structure representing an excellent alternative to asbestos at high temperatures. This material gives LeaderTHERM Sheet its thermal characteristics – weight loss at 800 C (1472 F) less than 5% – and its chemical resistance to solvents, acids, bases and mineral oils.
LeaderTHERM Sheet is developed specifically for high temperature applications (up to 1000C) as a sheet material, filler for spiral wound gaskets or facing for Kammprofiles. The material offers outstanding resistance to elevated temperatures as well as good sealability at moderate pressures.
Exhaust manifolds, gas turbines, gas and oil burners, heat exchangers.
- Maximum continuous service temperature 1800F
- LeaderTHERM Sheet rated to a maximum of 80 psi.
- Spiral wound style *SRI-LTD rated to 1500F for ASME B16.5 Class 150 to 2500
- Spiral wound style SRI-LT (LeaderTHERM “only” filler) consult with LGT engineering dept.
- LeaderCAM with hybrid facing (inhibited graphite and LeaderTHERM combination) rated to 1500F for ASME B16.5 class 150 to 600 (1450 psi max.)
* Hybrid spiral wound gasket with (3) LeaderTHERM wraps on O.D. and remaining wraps of inhibited grade graphite. Oxidizing processes will require an additional (3) wraps of LeaderTHERM on I.D.
In rolls or sheets or as winding strip for spiral wound gaskets. Available thicknesses:
0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm
Should be stored in a cool dry place away from sources of humidity.
For a full description of Leader Global Technologies Liabilities and Warranties, please contact our Customer Service Department at the number provided and a copy can be mailed or faxed.